In some cases, the default Team Foundation Server process templates (Agile and CMMI) may not meet your project’s requirements. The good news is, if you want to use a different process template for your project, you can upload one to the server.
We are frequently asked if the Visual Studio Scrum process template is supported, so here are the steps that you can take to add it to your Team Foundation Server.
- First, download and install Microsoft Visual Studio Scrum 1.0 from the Visual Studio site.
- Connect to your Team Foundation Server through either Visual Studio 2010 or Visual Studio 2010 Shell. If you need help accessing your Team Foundation Server, you can find instructions in our Knowledge Base.
- After you have successfully connected, from the “Team” menu, mouse over the “Team Project Collection Settings” item and then click on the “Process Template Manager…” option.
- At the Process Template Manager window, click on the “Upload” button.
- You will need to locate the template folder. In my case it was C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Microsoft Visual Studio Scrum 1.0\Process Template.
- Make sure that the proper folder is selected and then click the “Select Folder” button to start the upload process.
Now that the template has been added, you will be able to choose the “Microsoft Visual Studio Scrum 1.0” process template when you create any new Team Projects.