The new SQL Server 2012 certifications are coming up soon and shall be available in June 2012. Instead of three professional-level certifications that have been available before, only two will be offered: Data Platform certification and the Business Intelligence certification.
Each of those new professional certification tracks will include five exams. In addition, those professional-level certifications will require recertification every three years. Recertification requirements will be limited to one or two exams.
Upgrading from SQL Server 2008 to 2012 professional certification will now require passing three exams. The details on upgrading and recertification examination are not available yet. The following are new SQL Server 2012 certificates:
Common Certifications for Both Tracks
- Exam 70-461: Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- Exam 70-462: Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Databases
- Exam 70-463: Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- Exam 70-464: Developing Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Databases
- Exam 70-465: Designing Database Solutions for Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- Exam 70-466: Implementing Data Models and Reports with Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- Exam 70-467: Designing Business Intelligence Solutions with Microsoft SQL Server 2012